2005-07-29

Overview

While at it today, I made a small overview on how much has been done at this time. That means I arranged all I've got up for a photo session, and here are the results.

The picture on the right is an overview of the main amplifier PCBs. Apart from the already soldered components, the left PCB sports R30, R31, and the RF1 resistors that are supposed to work as fuses. I'm still a bit unsure about that part, but the picture I have from the article shows resistors. Another type, yes, but resistors. It also sports the relay Re1, and on top of it, RL1, and behind it, L1. C11 and C12 in the background, and C14 inserted halfway into its place on the right. The right PCB sports much the same, but I lack RF1 fuse-resistors, and RL1 and L1 are already soldered. I have to drill larger holes for C11 and C12, Re1 and the transistors T7 and T10-13 on both PCBs.

So far on the power supply bit I've only got components. I've got the 8 10mF electrolytic capacitors, two bridge rectifiers and four relays, and the two until recently missing torodial transformers. I tried to work out the inner workings of the mains power-on delay circuit today, but I just ended up confusing myself.

So, what's missing? I think first and foremost I will try to get a schematic of everything done, so I can see what parts I might've missed. We'll see how that turns out.

Metal sheet sizes needed (Height x Width x Thickness, in millimetres):

  • 123 x 415 x 2 (Rear panel)
  • 129 x 411 x 2 (Front panel)
  • 287 x 420 x 1,5 (Top cover) black vinyl covered?
  • 287 x 420 x 1,5 (Bottom cover)
The two "thin" sheets (1,5mm) might be aquired at a tinsmith, especially if the top cover needs to be covered in vinyl as I suspect would be best.

Some weight measures (in kilograms):

  • 1,6 (Chassis)
  • 0,45 (Original top cover)
  • 0,45 (Original bottom cover)
  • 0,4 (All 12 electrolytic capacitors, 10 000µF)
  • 2,6 (each 6030 torodial transformer)
  • 0,3 (both amplifier PCBs and all six relays)
  • 1,0 (each heat sink)
Total: 10,4kg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home