Twelve and a half down...
- just another thirteen thousand to go.
Well, I've done a few things these last few. Amongst others, I've assembled and tested a prototype of the mains power-on delay circuit, sporting slight modifications from the components I had: C1, C2 = 0,22µF, R1 = 300 Ohm (150+150), B1 = Philips BY179 (800V/1A), C3 = 23,5µF/50V and the relays are of type Carlo Gavazzi MZF A 001 48 16. Somehow that means 820 Ohm relay coil rated =22,5V with max switching ~250V/16A. Anyway, the circuit works, so next step with that circuit is to add the four 10 Ohm resistors (R3 through R6) bypassing relay two, and test the torodial transformers.
The mains power-on switch I've chosen is a small SPST-switch rated to ~250V/6A. Also, I've found a nice mains power input socket, a Delta Electronics 06GEEG3E rated to ~250V/6A, with an EMI filter (0,1µF capacitor between phases, one 0.8mH coil on each phase, and each phase to ground via 2200pF capacitors), and a few shielded power cables that will come in handy for wiring the power switch.
I also found a nice volunteer for front and rear panels, and did some work on it to fashion some raw material.
My father brought home the remains of a reel of copper tape from work, which I will use to improvise a PCB for the power supply out of a few old computer PSU PCBs. We'll see how that works out in a few hours. Or some day soon.
2005_08_16-0411 UPDATE: Yep, it seems to work. Using copper tape to improvise PCB seems to do the trick, but I'm unsure about what currents can flow through, and the space between tracks. Of course, I can probably just coat the whole back of the PCB in glue or something, to make it worse to repair later... But it'll cure arcs, if any, won't it? Anyway, I'll toss the pictures of the PCB job up tomorrow, got to get some sleep first.
BEDTIME!
2005_08_16-1307 UPDATE: Pictures, yes.
![]()
It started out as this prototype to see if the relays were powered.
![]()
And ended up with this apparently working PCB. Didn't have 4 x 10 Ohm resistors, so used two 68 Ohm in parallell plus one 8.2 Ohm in series. Hope that does the trick.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home