Long time no hobby
Since last post, I have discovered that one of my two channels actually works (after soldering out the 20mF capacitors and booting up on the lab supply). The other one still doesn't work. I ordered a bunch of components from ELFA (the MOSFETs used in the original design). I applied all the IGBT-to-MOSFET modifications to the channel that didn't work initially, and discovered, to no surprise, that it still didn't work. So I ordered another bunch of components, this time enough for a couple of full stocked matched channels.
I've just made some modifications to the original MOSFET schematics, and to the original PCB layout, to accommodate the anti-oscillation modifications mentioned in my previous post. The article is found in the December 2002 Elektor edition, on pg. 89 (article number 024029-1). There are still some components I haven't ordered, mainly capacitors, but those'll be ordered as soon as I have a neat PCB layout on transparent film ready for PCB manufacture. I had a friend on the local university volunteer to etch a few prints for me, and as a backup I think I can manage to talk the engineers at work to etch me some. I'll try their PCB film printer tomorrow.
My Modified MOSFET Schematics, and my INCORRECTLY Modified PCB Layout.
I just realized I have botched up the PCB somewhat (some incorrect distances), so I'll try to correct it some other day. But I will try to print it, just to check the result.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home