2005-08-21

Historical Archive and a little summary

My father took me to the historical archive at work today, and we returned home with a few of the capacitors I lacked, C3, C4 and C5. I still lack T3, T4, T5, which are 3 x BC560C. I do lack T14, which is a BC617, but I've got a few BC618s that probably does the trick. So I'm getting really close here!

There's a bench drill down at the harbour which I'm planning to use to drill some holes in the top and bottom of the heat sinks. Those holes will be threaded to M4 so I can mount them in the top of the cabinet, between the amplifier PCBs. Also, I will drill a few holes, and thread them to M3, to mount T7 and T10 through T13.

So basically, what remains is:

Components:

  • RF1, RF2
  • T3, T4, T5
  • T14
  • C13
  • Input potmeters

Work:

  • Drill M4 holes in heat sinks (30th Nov 2005 - M3 will have to do for now)
  • Drill M3 holes in heat sinks
  • Mount heat sinks in cabinet
  • Mount T7 and T10 through T13 to heat sink
  • Cut power, ground and speaker wires to length
  • Add connectors to said wires
  • Make top cover
  • Add venting holes to top cover (30th Nov 2005 - Mesh top cover)
  • Add venting holes to bottom cover (30th Nov 2005)
  • Make back panel
  • Make appropriate holes in back panel for power, input and speaker connectors, input potmeters and fuse holders
  • Mount power, input and speaker connectors, input potmeters and fuse holders
  • Mount and test-run the power circuit
  • Test-run the speaker delay relay (22nd Nov 2005)
  • Test-run, adjust and tweak amplifier curcuits
  • Mount amplifier PCBs
  • Test-run it all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home